Genuine Tire is looking for Tire and Service Advisor at our New Brantford Ontario location. With customer service as our prime concern, we wish to build our business and are seeking to hire a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team as a full time Tire & Automotive Service Advisor.
The purpose of the Tire & Service Advisor is to ensure that the customer has a positive buying experience whether by giving expert tire quotes or through servicing their vehicle at Genuine Tire and Auto.
This candidate will respond to each customer’s needs in a professional and timely manner keeping in mind that this position’s goal is to build our customer base to its greatest potential.
We offer a fast-paced environment and competitive wages. Above all, successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to providing first-class service to any and all customers.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay plan along with a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Employee benefits.
- Tools for success include ongoing training and management support.
- Provide opportunities for career growth within our organization.
- Salary will be discussed if chosen for an interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will assist customer service, sales understand the diagnoses, troubleshoot, and repair vehicles in the shop.
Sell tires and wheels in a wholesale and retail environment.
- Develop extensive knowledge of tires and wheels.
- Able to run front desk independently.
- Schedule appointments.
- Prepare and give customer tire and vehicle repair estimates.
- Order parts and prepare work orders and invoices using POS billing system.
- Communicate with customers while vehicle is being repaired.
- Good computer skills.
- Communicate with shop personnel for smooth operation.
- Perform other tasks requested by Shop Supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent client relation skills a must
- Prior retail/tire/automotive experience an asset
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday (some Saturdays & Sundays)
- Excellent oral & written communication skills a must.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Competitive salary plus commission based on experience.
- Steel-toed safety boots.
- A valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract are required.
Security and Safety
1 to 3 years Automotive Customer Sales & Service experience.
Estimate parts and labor costs; Provide customer service. Point of Sale devices, software and transactions. A strong understanding computer system within the automotive industry.
Area of Specialization
All common knowledge of automotive repairs and service e.g. tires in general, transmission types; engine repair and overhaul; diagnostics; gas & diesel engines; automatic transmission; fuel and emission system; brake system; hydraulic system; oil, lube and filters and tire repair and replacement.
Above all, you must be customer oriented and it’s beneficial you have a good mechanical aptitude with the willingness to discuss a wide range of repair and maintenance tasks.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Attention to detail; Customer sales & service. Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods.
Automotive Service Representative Specific Skills:
Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements; Components of automotive systems; Review work orders and discuss work with General Manager.
Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
Very good benefits!
Continuous training and learning environment!
Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
Service Advisor: 1 year (Preferred)